Tennessee held their Pro Day on Friday at the Anderson Training Complex. Go ahead and check out the video highlights.
For the first time in years, Tennessee will have several NFL draft prospects including two potential first rounders in Derek Barnett and Alvin Kamara. All 32 teams were on hand including some notable people like Steelers head coach Mike Tomlin, Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter, Bears WR coach Zach Azzanni, and Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie.
Here are some quick things that stuck out to me from Pro Day:
- Josh Dobbs stole the show with an almost perfect throwing session. He was accurate, showed good mobility and arm strength, and even hit Josh Malone in stride on a 50 yard bomb on his last throw
- Derek Barnett looked pretty quick in all of his drills despite having hamstring issues
- Malone and Kamara looked crisp in routes and catches, which will more than likely improve their draft stock a little
- Corey Vereen participated in both DL and LB drills and looked good in both. He could project as a linebacker and if so, I agree with Houston that he can be a steal
- JRM is getting some more buzz and rightfully so as he looked like the best linebacker in all the drills, including coming down with an impressive one-handed grab